la elite saga la seleccion (english review)


Author:Kiera Cass

Genre:Dystopia,Fantastic literature
Number of pages:336
Editorial:Roca editorial

SYNOPSIS

Of the thirty-five girls who arrived at the Palace to compete in the national team, all but six have been returned to their homes, and only one will marry Prince Maxon and be crowned Princess of Illéa.
America is still not sure where her heart is leaning. When she is with Maxon, she is involved in a new romance that leaves her breathless and no one can imagine being with anyone else. But when he sees Aspen in the surroundings of the Palace, the memories of a life that they planned to share come together in his memory. Time is running out and America has to make a decision.

While struggling to find out where their future is, violent rebels who want to overthrow the monarchy are getting stronger and their plans could end any aspiration America could have for a happy ending.

PERSONAL OPINION

I read the first book (The Selection) at age 11 so I was fascinated that America was in this love triangle, I saw it as something so romantic that two boys would fight for the love of a girl 😅; It took several years for me to buy the continuations, since the first one I loved, I hope that I liked it too, but I couldn't be more wrong, my 11-year-old self would still love it.

I understand that this plot is the typical cliché of a love triangle with which everyone ends up hurting with this game of emotions so try to read it with a positive attitude (I really tried), from the beginning I started to dislike Aspen a bit and the plot itself.
Aspen is so but so toxic and manipulative, literal throughout the plot is spent planting its weed seed in America watering it with insecurity and doubts about it and about what it has or could have with Maxon.

With Maxon they are ambiguous sometimes it is so cold and sometimes it is teddy bear or it is the explicit definition of the blue prince and others it is like why I love him if he is a cretin?

America is a very intelligent and talented girl but when it comes to love she is very blind, let Aspen manipulate her very easily and I understand that she still has feelings and that her relationship has ended by the government but I still think that when it ends she has no case return to that situation since it will probably be a thousand times worse than it was before.

I do not like to be negative but this book is simply not made for me, I bet that the other works of this writer are better but I do not think they are for me, in general, their writing is not bad, knows how to narrate very well without making it boring and the dialogues are very well formulated.

If you like these stories, then the saga will fascinate you.
⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐
💫💫 2/5
-Naily

Comentarios

Entradas populares