Olga (english review)

"Our's is a forest and country love"




Synopsis

Olga was born in the eastern part of the German empire at the end of the 19th century, survives two world wars and dies in strange circumstances. His life, on horseback between two centuries, passes marked by history. From a poor family, she is raised by her grandmother after the early disappearance of her parents; later he falls in love with Herbert, a young man from a higher social class, whose family opposes the relationship. They must keep their love in hiding and then the relationship will be marked by distance, because Herbert, driven by the enthusiasm of Bismarck's colonial wars, decides to enlist in the army. 
He will travel through Africa and South America and later be part of a polar expedition, while Olga stays at home and writes letters.


Personal opinion


I bought a bookish subscription that sends you a surprise book every month; This is the first novel I read of this author, I definitely see myself in the future buying more of his works.

The plots of war and love have always intrigued me a lot so I knew that this book was going to hook me from the beginning and it was,
Herbert is an interesting character, you get to love him and sometimes hate him since he can become somewhat arrogant.
Olga, on the other hand, is serene intelligent loving but full of suffering.

Despite being a reading that I enjoyed a lot and did not stop reading, it failed to captivate me completely.

I know the book is centered on Olga but if I would have liked it to go deeper into Herbert's life, explain what happened in his polar expedition or describe his feelings for Olga more.

If I consider it is a good book with a very interesting way of narrating.

⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐
💫💫💫💫  4/5
-NAILY

Comentarios

Entradas populares