⚰DRACULA⚰ english review

nailystory.blogspot.com
We thought her dead when she slept
and slept when died  -Bram Stoker














SYNOPSIS

Those of Bram Stoker and Jonathan Harker were parallel lives.
Stoker was the private secretary of Henry Irving, a renowned Shakespearian actor, and owner of the Lyceum Theater in London; Harker, the enigmatic Count Dracula, who summoned him to his Transylvania castle to negotiate the acquisition of a London mansion. It is no accident that Dracula's character is inspired by Irving's features and idiosyncrasies, nor that Stoker made a public reading at the Lyceum Theater days before its edition.

Dracula is the vampire novel par excellence. In it, the great thematic axes of the subgenre are conceived: the fight between good and evil and the sexuality of the vampire, with a Victorian aesthetic and an overwhelming stylistic display. All this makes it an incontestable and imperishable classic.


 PERSONAL OPINION


The publishing house Alma has done a magnificent job regarding the illustrations, they are beautiful; If you are looking for illustrated classics I highly recommend this editorial.

 I am not reading classics and the few I have read have seemed boring but with Dracula, it has been completely different, since the first chapter has hooked me.

I really liked how the chapters instead of being narrated in the third person are journal entries, letters, and telegrams of each character, it makes you feel closer to the characters and their lives.

At the beginning I got hooked but I must admit that if I started to make reading difficult since in some pages I was bored, I wanted the drama and horror to begin, as I read I fell more and more into the plot.

 100% I recommend this book for adults and young people.

⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⬷⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐⤐

💫💫💫💫 4.5/5
-NAILY







Comentarios

Entradas populares