one of us is lying



                 

Author: Karen M. McManus

Number of pages: 368

Genre: Ficción adulto joven, Misterio, Ficción

Editorial: PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE


SYNOPSIS

On Monday afternoon, five Bayview High students enter detention.


Bronwyn, the brain, is tied to Yale and never breaks a rule.
Addy, beauty, is the perfect princess for homecoming.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for negotiating.
Cooper, the athlete, is the star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High's famous gossip app.

Only Simon never leaves that class. Before the end of the arrest, Simon is dead. And according to investigators, his death was not an accident. I died on Monday. But on Tuesday, he plans to publish juicy revelations about his four high-profile classmates, which makes them suspect in his murder. Or are the dogs perfect for a murderer who is still loose?
Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.

PERSONAL OPINION


This book was on Instagram and everywhere it was described as an amazing book, so after what I found casually in the store and read the synopsis, I said "you know I would really like this book, let me buy it"

I have a conflict with this book, on the one hand I like it, but on the other I hate it, the beginning did hit me, since I didn't expect Simon to die so fast (it's not a literal spoiler, the story is about that) but after that started to lose interest since the story began as another chapter if it was worth it) to deepen the life of the characters if I understood, but I think that made it consume a large part of the plot (the police The investigation in my opinion It was very slow, I would have liked to see more questions).

It's a typical murder and incrimination cliché with a twist of the typical teenage high school cliché full of rumors and dramas that ruin people's lives (I don't hate the author or the book) in general is a good, well-written book. , the characters are well made and the narrative is quite good, only this book is not for me.

What did surprise me is that in the end it actually improved more than I expected and this is quite common with this type of books that at the beginning are very boring and in some interesting parts, but in the end it is like an explosion of greatness. It finally surprised me a little, but I already knew what happened anyway, it was a pleasant read, but I still think that all the reading was missing that shine.


I don't have much to say about this book, apart from what I already said, I know that this book is a trilogy (correct me if I'm wrong) and I will read the second book (out of curiosity if it improves and what happens); I recommend this book if you want something to get you out of a block of books or if you want a thriller, a mystery story or even perfect to read while you relax.

-Naily

💫💫💫3.5 / 5


If you want to see the previous post click here and if you want to see this review in Spanish, click here


  





Comentarios

Entradas populares